Benefits of Dacromet:
(1) Four-Way Corrosion Resistance - barrier protection, galvanic action, passivation & self-repairing.
(2) Bimetallic Capabilities - due to the concentration of aluminum within the coating, good bi-metallic corrosion resistance with aluminum is accomplished.
(3) Solvent Resistant - When dacromet is cured on the metal surface, the coating becomes inorganic and therefore resistant to solvents, gasoline, brake fluids etc.
(4) Electrically Conductive - the high concentration of metallic flake enables parts to be electrocally conductive.
(5) Hydrogen Embrittlement Free - the absence of acids or electrolysis in the coating process assures freedome from Hydrogen Embrittlement which is commonly associated withy the electroplating process